As we’re all well aware, podcasting as a form of content is taking over. In an age where the written word is getting less popular, people are turning to other forms of content to consume. Video is popular but lacks in the convenience that podcasting holds. Podcasting numbers are on the rise and with that comes some very staggering and mind blowing facts!
- Of 300,000 podcast listeners, 63% bought something that a host had promoted on their show. Of that same group, 71% said they had visited a sponsor’s website, while 62% said they would consider paying for the advertised product or service.
- Unique monthly podcast listeners have surpassed 75 million per month.
- Podcast subscriptions soared past the 1 billion mark way back in 2013.
- There are 7 billion mobile devices worldwide, and 58% of Americans own a smartphone. One in four podcast consumers play their audio device in their car “nearly every day.”
- “There are about 30 million active blogs on the Internet, but only about 200,000 active podcasts.”- Rob Walch.
- Only 6% of all marketers are using podcasting as a form of content.
- Podcast listeners consume more than 105 minutes of audio per day than the average American. They spend more than 25 percent of that total audio time listening to podcasts.
- About 15% of Americans listen to a podcast at least once a month.
- 49% of Americans older than 12 are at least aware of podcasting.
- 33% of Americans they’ve listened to a podcast before.
- 1 in 5 Americans prioritize listening to a podcast in their busy schedules.
- Podcasts reach an equal number of men as women and are most popular with the 18-54 age group.
- 88% of podcast subscribers listen to every episode.
- The number of podcasts produced every year almost doubled between 2012 and 2014, and is increasing at a similar rate still.
If you aren’t already podcasting, do yourself a favor and hop on the bandwagon. This is a trend that is definitely an incredible platform for growing your business, and impacting thousands of people across the world. If you already have a podcast, commitment and consistency are absolutely key. The more content you provide, the greater the value, the more connected your listeners will become. Use this channel to your advantage, and build your tribe.