Show notes are an important part of podcasting for many reasons. One particular aspect of your podcasts’s show notes are timestamps. These are simply time markers placed on a written document that indicate when someone new starts talking for transcriptions or when a new main topic is started in the show notes. There are two main benefits to time-stamping your show notes: listeners can skip to their sections of interest, and they can easily revisit these sections again in the future. Tune in to find out more about when to use timestamps!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Understand when timestamps will be beneficial to your show.
- Timestamps allow your listeners to search and skip to the sections they are interested in.
- Listeners can use timestamps to effortlessly revisit sections in the future.
- Timestamps are useful for podcasts that have video components when publishing on YouTube.
- Finding ad spots in your show is also must easier when show notes are timestamped.