In order to get your podcast heard, you will need to utilize a podcast host. Quite simply, these companies store your content and its metadata online, so that listeners can listen to it on streaming platforms. There is a huge number of potentially suitable hosting companies, and your final decision will depend on the specifics of your budget and aims for your show.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Podcast audio is hosted on websites, along with artwork and metadata.
- Listeners access podcasts through streaming platforms via an RSS feed.
- RSS feeds can be embedded on other websites.
- Podcast hosts deliver your content to listeners and handle all technical elements of this process.
- When selecting a podcast host, you will need to consider budget, schedule, and additional features.