When we talk about self-hosting a podcast, we are referring to the online storage of your podcast content. In this episode, we give a quick recap of what a podcast hosting service does, and then delve into reasons why you may want to self-host. There is the potential to save money and gain more control over your feed, however there a number of looming hurdles down this road that you will probably want to avoid. Tune in to hear more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- What does self-hosting a podcast mean?
- There are a few reasons why self-hosting might be a bad idea!
- The larger hosting platforms are very user friendly and easy to understand.
- What self-hosting entails; setting up and sharing an RSS feed.
- The issue of bandwidth restrictions and how this can limit your growth.